March 2020

Hello everybody,

I hope you are all staying safe during this very scary and strange time.

March has been a month full of uncertainty and change. For starters, I am now working my day job from the comfort of my own home - which is an adjustment I am yet to get used to.

I also celebrated my 21st birthday. As part of this, my parents treated me to my very first tenor guitar. Tenor guitars are typically made up of 4 strings tuned CGDA - but I have modified mine to replicate the baritone ukulele with DGBE tuning. The model I now own is an Ashbury AT-40, which can picked up for around £200. The tenor guitar offers another level of depth in terms of sound that I'm so interested to explore. Once I'm a tad more familiar with the tenor, I hope to share the instrument with you.

As for my 21st birthday - my parents and I remained in lockdown with plenty of prosecco, cake and pizza. I look forward to celebrating properly with my friends and family once we're back to normality. 


Another adjustment made was my ukulele group meeting on the video conferencing app 'Zoom' for the first time. This certainly isn't ideal as there's always a delay with the sound but it's so uplifting to catch up with my fellow uke players.

On a more positive note, at the start of the month, my sister and I went to see our favourite band 'Oh Wonder' at Bristol's O2 Academy. It was a fantastic night and I definitely recommend you check them out. On our journey home from the gig, we had already booked tickets to see them again in December (Praying this will all be over by then).


As for Cloud Uke content, I have been really lazy. However, I do now have a number of baritone solo and duet tabs in the pipeline to share with you over the coming weeks.

Stay safe,
Lucy - Cloud Uke

Comments

Popular Posts