January 2020

Hello All,

I began the new year with the intention of really focusing on developing myself as a ukulele player. This has meant that I'm focusing less on content and more on my experiences as a uke player. So I thought I'd try and create a monthly update on what I've been working on.

So my main New Year's Resolution was to join a ukulele club - as you may have seen from my Instagram Stories. As a child and throughout my teens, I was always part of an orchestra with my violin. With the uke however, I've never done much socially. So I went along to my first session to a group called Cwmalele and was warmly welcomed by all its members. It's fantastic to be part of a group of people who all love the ukulele. We've been working on a range of pieces, such as a five part instrumental to Santa Lucia and a mashup of multiple songs including Stair Way to Heaven and Für Elise. Joining a group is something that I have put off for years but now I'm questioning why I didn't join sooner.

Additionally, in own personal development, I have been studying chord inversions. This is when the same chord is played further up the the fret board. I've got some diagrams that I'm hoping to share with you in the coming weeks to explain more.

I feel that I've made some positive changes in the way I learn the Uke this month. I start the year how I intend to go on.

See you soon.
Lucy - Cloud Uke
x

Comments

Popular Posts