The Prettiest Ukulele Song in the World - All For Uke

When I learn new songs on the ukulele, I usually only use paper resources - tabs, chords or sheet music. I have been aware there is a wealth of video resources but I've only ever used YouTube videos in my early Uke days... So about 10 years ago.

As learning new music via videos is seen as 'the done thing', I thought I'd check it out. Looking on YouTube, there are so many channels with so many videos, which makes it's hard to know where to start. I began with All For Uke's video lesson on "The Prettiest Ukulele Song in the World". - Link here.

I first came across All For Uke when I created my Cloud Uke instagram account and I took notice when they sent me a really welcoming and encouraging message on one of my first posts.

I then went on the All For Uke YouTube channel and the first thing suggested was "The Prettiest Ukulele Song in the World". I added this to my watch later playlist and have now finally  managed to watch the video and learn the song.

Here are my thoughts...
The instructions were really clear and easy to follow. The chord patterns were fairly simple, which was probably ideal for following my first video tutorial in a long time. It was nice to focus on using different strumming patterns throughout a single song. My only problem was that during the play-along section, I forgot the order of the chords. However, I was happy to then discover that I could sign up and access the exercise on the All For Uke website. This included the chords and strumming patterns, which made the video really easy to follow.
The song sheets available at AllForUke.com
I now look forward to learning "The Happiest Ukulele Song In the World" and perhaps attempting Bohemian Rhapsody from All For Uke!

Comments

Popular Posts