Folk Music


The first instrument I learned to play was the violin. When I play my violin, my favourite genre is folk music. So this week I have dug out an old book of folk music that I love playing on my violin and have started learning a few on my uke. Today I thought I'd share my love for folk music and the resources I use.


The book I primarily use is called Jigs, Reels and Hornpipes arranged by Edward Huws Jones. This book is originally written for the violin in mind but is still adaptable to ukulele. It comes with a score for the main melody, an easy harmony part and then the chords are also provided. These aspects make the songs in this book very versatile. They can be played in either a trio, duet or solo. They're also fun pieces to learn with people who play instruments other than the ukulele.


If you need any help reading sheet music, please refer to my recent blog post here!


Other resources for folk music include:




Comments

Popular Posts